Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"12/12/12 is the last repetitive date we'll see for a long time!"

   I think a reflective blog post is in order because I haven't posted anything that didn't involve goofing off, overexposing my life or shameless self-promotion in months. Ok, so I know that I still have 19 days left in the year before I should be posting this blog, but who's really counting (I'm looking at all my fellow Christmas enthusiasts out there!)? I feel that given the amount of time between now and my last post, there is no better time to write this than now.
   The first and foremost thing I need to point out is how grateful I am for everything that's happened this year. I have no words that can express it, honestly. I came into this year worried about school and life and will leave it with peace of mind and hope. I feel like I have grown so much as a person and as an artist, and it's ridiculous how it's happening because it's all happening so fast and in such a short amount of time that I don't even notice anything until I've looked back at everything. I've met so many fabulous people along the way, taken on so many amazing projects, and learned so many things about myself, my major and my craft. I've had so many things occur that made me realize each time why I do what I do and why I can't do anything else. I've never been so developed from the past, pleased with the present, and so excited and scared for the future than this year.
   I don't really know how to sum up this awesome year, so instead of even attempting I'm just going to make a list of all the highlights.

1. I've built my resume up from a little baby high school/community theater experience resume to getting about 10 professional credits to my name. I've done 5 short films (two featureds, two supportings, and one principal), 3 commercials (FIT Weight Loss, Club Reduce, and Early Voting), and 2 plays (one was a regional tour!).
2. I got my YouTube channel up and running (now if only I posted videos more often).
3. I passed Financial Accounting. And then this semester I passed Managerial Accounting!
4. I won an award in one of my student organizations.
5. I met and worked with so many amazing, talented, interesting people that have changed my life and made me realize why I do what I do! I will forever hold them in my heart.
6. I outgrew my hometown. This sounds bad, but it's actually good because I learned that I'm more of afraid of boredom and stagnation than I am of leaving my comfort zone.
7. I successfully changed my major and got my academics back on track.
8. I got my first apartment... with my own room... and my own bathroom!
9. I said goodbye to an old family member, and welcomed a new one!
10. I took my first vacation in two years!
11. I've gotten to see a lot of my friends start the next chapters of their lives, and now I can't wait for mine.
12. I've learned more about myself as an individual and I'm slowly learning to be more comfortable with it all.
And finally...
13. I've learned that no matter what happens, the show must go on!

Can't wait for 2013. Let's keep the creative projects, the "Aha!" moments, and the inspiration coming!

I added some pictures to describe my year. It's a little bit long...





























No comments:

Post a Comment